Raceland Middle School Christian Cubbies
Raceland Middle School Christian Cubbies.
Purpose / Guidelines of the club:
- To create a club for the Christian community of Raceland Middle School.
- To develop closer student/teacher/administrator relations.
- To encourage higher self- value and self-esteem
- To encourage good study habits.
- To discourage substance abuse, bullying, and any other areas of challenge in our school.
- To create an atmosphere for like-minded teens with similar moral standards.
- To create an overall atmosphere of excellence throughout our school.
- To assist fellow students facing various difficulties in any possible way we may be of assistance as per their request.
- To create a positive atmosphere without peer pressure.
- To influence others toward a healthy lifestyle.
- To encourage prayer and Bible reading.
- To participate in service oriented activities for the school and Community.
- To encourage others to submit to and respect authority.
- To provide leadership role models.
Activities / Expectations
Goal: Encourage moral and spiritual values
- Daily Devotional (Bible Reading and Prayer). (7:10 every morning before school in B hall)
- Invite guest speakers to share at meeting. (every month after school)
- Raise funds to provide transportation to Field Day and materials for after school activities.
- Perform service projects for the school.
- Collect and donate toys and gifts at Christmas time for children in need.
- Attend Field Day at Victory Life Church in Lockport.
Expectations of Christian Cubbies:
- Put God first above all things.
- Follow all school rules
- Follow the Golden Rule.
- Sept. 10 – 9:00 a.m.-10:30 a.m. Breakfast with Leaders
- Sept. 12 – Sept. 23 – T-Shirt Sales
- Sept 14 – Paint Rocks 2:30-3:30
- October 12 – 2:30-4:00 Bible Trivia
- November 9 - 2:30-4:00 Bible Bingo
- Nov. 10 – Dec. 14– Collect toys and gifts (Balls and Dolls) for needy
- Dec. 14 – Wrap gifts After school Activity and Bible Trivia
- Jan. 18 – 2:30-4:00 Bible Skits
- Feb. 15 – 2:30-4:00 Bible Skits
- March 15-2:30-4:00 activity after school
- April or May ___, 2014 – All Day Retreat at Victory
Life in Lockport (during the school day)