Mr. Billiot's Physical Education Classes
Physical Education Grading Policy
The following criteria have been established as a Lafourche Parish Grading System in the field of Physical Education, Recreation and Dance. The three areas to be graded are participation, dressing out and test.
Participation: 4/9 of grade:
- Areas taken into consideration are sportsmanship, attentiveness, self-discipline, tardiness, following directions, class and school rules.
- Quality of participation during activity based on each individual’s maximum capabilities is required for each taught activity.
- Parent notification will be made after the second “non-participation”
- 1 “non-participation” = grade of B
- 2 “non-participation” = grade of C
- 3 “non-participation” = grade of D
- 4 “non-participation” = grade of F
- 5 “non-participation” = grade of F for that marking period
- Grade is lowered after 2 unexcused absences since the student is not there to participate
- 0 - 2 unexcused absences . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 0 points off grade
- 2 - 5 unexcused absences . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2 points off grade
- 6 or more unexcused absences . . . . . . . . . . . 3 points off grade
- Students with long term medical excuses will be given a written assignment that will be graded for correctness. Long term medical excuses MUST be signed by physician, and include a begin date and end date.
Dress Out: 3/9 of grade:
- Each student shall dress out in the official school PE uniform.
- Any type of dress violation will be marked in the teacher’s grade book as a DV (dress violation). The 4th dress violations in one marking period will count as one “not dressed”
- Five ND “not dressed” in any marking period constitutes failure for that marking period.
- Parent notification will be made after the second “not dressed”
- 1 “not dressed” = B
- 2 “not dressed” = C
- 3 “not dressed” = D
- 4 “not dressed” = F
- 5 “not dressed” = F for that marking period
- After the 3rd “not dressed” a referral will be written to main office
Test: 2/9 of grade:
- Will include, but not limited to skills test, fitness assessment and/or written assessments covering strategies, rules and terminology of taught activity.
Personal property accountability is the responsibility of every student.
Each individual must take reasonable precautions to protect his or her personal property.
Lafourche Parish School District or any school assumes no responsibility for any lost or stolen property.
Physical Education Uniforms
Students may begin purchasing PE uniforms on Monday, Aug. 8, 2016 during PE classes.